I need your help. Not in a gimmicky, salesy way, I really do need your help.
The goal of every crochet pattern designer is to share their love of crochet by creating easy to read, error free patterns. This does not happen without help from crocheters like you!
What is a Pattern Tester?
Simply put a pattern tester works through a pre-published crochet pattern checking for any stitch, wording, or grammar errors.
Being a pattern testers comes with a lot of perks. You get access to my patterns before their publication date. You get a chance to grow your crochet skills while contributing to the growth of the crochet community as a whole.
How Does it Work?
When a new pattern is ready to be tested, I will create a new post in the NorthEastMama – Pattern Testers FaceBook group.
The post will include:
- Final Picture
- List of all materials needed
- Number of testers needed
- Due date for pattern test
You do not have to apply for all the patterns only the ones you like and have the time to complete.
If selected, you will receive a draft copy of the pattern along with a form to be completed at the end of each pattern test. Completion of this form is required as it helps to finalize the pattern.
At the end of the pattern test you will receive a final, PDF version of the pattern before publication date.
- Have a basic crochet knowledge. You do not have to have been crocheting for years, but basic knowledge is helpful.
- To finish and have emailed notes by posted deadline.
- Check for mathematical errors. Do NOT move forward in the pattern if they are incorrect.
- Convey if wording is confusing or could be better explained
- Contact me if something doesn’t make sense.
- How long it took you to test.
- Exact yardage you used to complete the pattern.
- Final measurements of your work.
- Not alter the pattern is any way, shape, or form.
- Not alter and sell a similar pattern.
- Have an instagram account & post finished project photos within 7 days of the pattern being released, tagging @NorthEast.Mama in the post.
- Have a Ravelry account & create a Ravelry project of the patter within 7 days of the pattern being released.
- Be a member of the NorthEastMama – Pattern Testers Facebook Group.
- Submit to NortheastMama at least one finished photo of this pattern for reposting, content, and advertising purposes.
- After the pattern has been published you may sell you finished product if you wish.